Disaster Relief & Refugee Tent
- Company Name:True North
- Registration Date:2020. 03.12
- Country/Region:United States
- Contact:Kenneth Larry Agee
- Related Keywords:Tent, Refugee, Disaster, Emergency, Family Tent
I designed this Family Relief tent after years in the field with disaster work. Families having to live in poorly designed tents for up to a year made me want to design this, a new and effective tent. This 210D rip stop material with water proofing of PU4000 and UV protection of 50 is light, but strong. It is designed to be flexible according to the need of the family, local environment and culture. Three sides open to create a well ventilated living space. It has 2-basic areas, a living area and sleeping area. The sleeping area hangs from the outer tent and has it's own floor and mosquito net to reduce vector born diseases in case they get past the outer tents nets. The sleeping quarter can be divided into 1-large, 2-medium or 3-smaller rooms to separate family members, ages or genders. The living area has a separate bucket style floor (the flooring edges makes a corner and goes vertical for 6 inches), like the sleeping area and it can be removed and used as a tarp on the outside for more rain protection or sunshade. In the case of heavy rain, the bucket style floor throughout keeps water from getting under the tent providing a drier tent for the family. Four vents at the top of each corner allow heat to escape. A semicircle door at the bottom of the back of the tent creates more airflow and works as an emergency exit if needed. Three windows are netted with covers and 2-plastic windows provide light when the tent is completely closed up for a bad storm. The front wall opens up to provide a shaded area during the day and has a full mosquito net for night time if the family wants to keep it open for more airflow. It has been used in the field for over 10-years in the Philippines, India, Pakistan and Africa. See detailed specs below.
• Outer tent size：520x470x220cm
• Inner tent material: polyester breathable
• Ground: PE 130g/m2
• Three doors, all with mosquito netting
• All doors have extra buttons and loops to close in case zippers fail or break.
• All zippers have a zip puller to aid in a quick exit.
• Left side door and right side door are rectangular forming a canopy that can be attached to right door of a second tent.
• Four vents in tent top
•Three windows with mosquito netting and 2-sealed plastic windows for light with covers.
• Pole: fiberglass 12mm + steel tube 16mm; side steel poles.
• Outer tent material: 210D Oxford with Ripstop, seam seal.
• One additional set of steel poles for the side doors to connect
• Fire retardant according to CPAI-84: inner tent + outer tent.
• Outer tent with UV50 + PU4000MM.
• Outer tent inside silver coated.
• Additional beam on ceiling inside outer tent for extra support during heavy rain.
• Repair and spare parts kit is included.
• Designed for use from -15ºC to +40 ºC.
• Tent is made with non-toxic materials.
• Groundsheet is bucket style to prevent water ingress.
• Groundsheet of living area is attached to outer tent with hooks on the inner tent floor.
• Groundsheet of living area has straps on corners to be used as tarp if necessary.
• Groundsheet is silver color with normal fire retardant.
• Instructions are in English. Additional languages when possible.
• Tent is totally seal-able to prevent the entry of mosquitoes.
• Outer tent is waterproof (i.e.outer tent is PU4000MM coated).
• The tent is supplied in one unit of tools to erect it.
• Each tent includes two internal dividers.
• Flaps around tent to prevent water ingress.
• Straps with pegs half way between each pole.
• A semi-circle window at the bottom of the tent, in the middle of the back wall, can be zipped shut from the inside or outside providing ventilation or an emergency exit.
280 fill fit in a 20 foot container
Logo can be added as you can see from the pictures
Business Registry Number: 120-86-03931